The NL800A Current Stimulus Isolator from Digitimer is a battery powered, opto-coupled isolator (replacing the NL800), which has been designed for low noise applications such as in vitro and in vivo electrophysiology. It has a constant current output, with very high output impedance, making it suitable for stimulation through microelectrodes as well as with gross electrodes.
Normally driven from the NL510A or NL512 buffer modules, its output current is either set by the 10-turn control on the NL510A, within the output range set by the switch on the NL800A or by the amplitude of the voltage waveform applied to the NL512 (or directly to the NL800A).
Output pulses have the same timing as the input pulses (2 micro-seconds to 30 seconds output pulse width). The NL800A Current Stimulus Isolator is supplied with a set of 5 GP23A batteries, a pair of 1mm output plugs and heat shrink sleeving.
- Isolated constant current output for low noise.
- Powered by standard GP23A batteries.
- Four output ranges, providing 0-10mA output.
- Use of two NL800A’s with NL512 Biphasic Buffer permits biphasic output.
NL800A – Stimulus Isolator
Publications which cite use of the Digitimer DS2A can be found on Google Scholar.
We have produced a range of Application Notes which illustrate the versatility of our NeuroLog System modules.
- 2x 1mm gold pins (NL970) plus 2x heatshrink insulation
- One set of batteries is included
- NL800A-BATT – Replacement batteries
- NL970/10 – 1mm gold pins (pack of 10)
- NL510A Pulse Buffer
- NL512 Biphasic Buffer
- NL951-xx Lemo Cable